Wednesday, April 9, 2014

North to Alaska!

For my Mom's 88th birthday we are taking a cruise to Alaska followed by a week of land cruising in a motor home. I am so excited to show my Mom Alaska!

We are sailing out of  Vancouver, British Columbia on Celebrity's ship, Millennium.  7 glorious days sailing through the Inside Passage with stops at Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Skagway,  Hubbard Glacier and finally Seward.  We are the first cruise of the season so I hope we'll see a lot of sea ice. We will be stopping to view Hubbard Glacier, one of the few Tidal glaciers that is GROWING! On previous trips to Alaska we have seen other Tidal glaciers and they are humongous, noisy and spectacular. Can't wait to see Hubbard.  Here is the ship we will sail on by Hubbard Glacier. Pretty cool! 


Then we pick up a 28' motor home in Anchorage. We will spend 10 days seeing Alaska's interior. I hope my Mom gets to see lots of Brown Bears (grizzlies) and Moose, Caribou, Elk, Black Bears, Lynx, Musk Ox, Wolf, Fox, etc.

This will be my first trip without Jim, I know I will miss him.  No telling what kind of trouble Jim and Maggie will get into while I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment