Monday, July 22, 2013


This trip has not always been a smooth one. I guess I should have been expecting something to happen. After all the 5th wheel is 10 years old. And we have dragged it over 1,000’s of miles of rough road. It’s suffered Canada and Alaska road frost heaves, Mexico pot holes, etc.  But I would NEVER have guessed the frig door would be the first thing to fall apart. And I do mean – FALL APART. The wood panel came loose, the frame fell apart in pieces and the foam insulation let go. It took two hands to open the door (holding it together) while two more hands got stuff out of the frig. We finally laid our hands on Liquid Nails and Duct Tape and set to work “fixing” the door. While Jim and Jimmy squeezed and pushed on the various door parts; I backfilled the foam insulation with the Liquid Nails and then Sherry and I made Duct Tape band clamps to hold the whole thing together while the foam dried. Please note my ingenious use of a table knife and BBQ fork for tightening the band clamps. Talk about a Red Neck repair! Not pretty, but it will hold until we get home and that’s all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Boy oh Boy if it's always one thing or another with these homes on wheels! Looks like you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete