Sunday, October 17, 2010

HOLY TOLEDO! We got a lot done yesterday. The Room of Doom is now divided into several rooms - Glow in the Dark Room finished! Butcher Shop - finished! Aracrnophobia - finished! Curse of the Mummy - finished! The Bates Motel, the Morgue and the Werewolf - works in progress!


Last year my brother Rich was the dead guy wearing the chest plate and guts I'd made. This year the dead guy is a prop with a Haunted Hedge motor in him. Noise actives the motor and it shakes hard and moans loudly. Also in the morgue this year will be a live actor under a bloody sheet who sits up when you enter the morgue! Should be good for a few screams!
It's raining today so we ran around pulling HUGE garbage bags over all the characters. The rain won't hurt them, but when the stuffing gets wet everything tends to sag. Speaking of stuffing, I use plastic grocery bags to bring dimension to my characters. It's light weight, fluffs beautifully, repels moisture and they're free! I have my friends and neighbors trained to save their grocery bags for me (HOORAY!) I used to use big garbage bags which was not cheap.

Today I will work on fine tuning and finishing the Room (s) of Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment