Saturday, June 12, 2010

Apparently I was wrong about the wifi at Whitehorse being SO SLOW. Dawson City has them beat by a mile. They actually ask you not to use Skype or try to download photos for fear you'll crash their wifi system
Just about ran over a huge black bear standing on the center line of the road on our way here today. We were so surprised by the bear we didn't pick up our cameras until he was walking away (got some great bear ass photos.)

Did I mention Jim and I have been wagging a silent war since we left Paradise? Because of the poor blood circulation in his feet from his diabetes, his feet are always freezing. So whenever I am not looking he CRANKS up the truck heater. Maggie and I are stripped down to our necessities, gasping for air in the sweltering heat. I put my window all the way down to get some relief and say " Let me know if this is too much air for you honey." Whereupon he turns off the heater (hooray!) Wish he'd brought some wool socks with him.

My back has been bugging me the last few days. Last night I got up at 12:30, took some Tylenol and cuddled on the sofa with Maggie while I waited for the Tylenol to kick in. It was still light out when I went back to bed at 1:30. Even the birds are confused by the light, they're all singing and pecking around. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment